Jane began her career in finance as an industry analyst with J.P. Morgan in New York. After graduating from Harvard Business School, she moved to the Bay Area with her husband and worked for both large and smaller corporations as well as venture-backed start-ups before following her passion to serve individual clients. She founded Griffin Black in 2001 in order to create the kind of Registered Investment Advisor (RIA) firm she wanted to hire herself. Jane and her husband have two grown children and live in Redwood City, CA.
Professional Degrees & Credentials
- MBA with Distinction, Harvard University
- MLA, Stanford University
- Graduate Certificate in Financial Planning, Golden Gate University
- BA with Honors, The University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Fulbright Fellow, Rheinische-Friedrich-Wilhelms-Universität, Germany
- Certified Financial Planner® (CFP®) Professional
- NAPFA Registered Financial Advisor
I don’t remember having learned to read – I just always could. And having grown up in a very small town before TV or the internet, reading was just about the only thing one could do to stave off boredom. So I became a reader, and the habit has stuck for a lifetime. In fact, I’ve taken a couple of “reading sabbaticals” over the years, months when I stopped everything else in life except the necessities, and just read.
What do I read? It changes over time, but I’ve always been partial to mysteries, science fiction & fantasy. But I also love novels, history, popular science, cultural studies, philosophy, and of course lots of books on economics and money.