Company & Role Overview
Griffin Black is a fee-only Registered Investment Advisor located mid-Peninsula in the San Francisco Bay Area. We are a fast-growing, entrepreneurial firm with a strong service orientation. We serve both older and younger clients who wish to take charge of their money and their lives, as well as international clients. We believe in cultivating deep and meaningful relationships with those clients over the long term. Fulfilling our fiduciary responsibility to our clients is at the center of our company values
The Paraplanner will enhance the productivity of our experienced, highly expert advisory team. His/her focus will be on direct support of our Wealth Advisors: building and maintaining client data profiles, preparing planning models, creating reports, and exploring scenarios under the guidance of a Wealth Advisor. The Paraplanner’s work will form a significant part of the preparation for client meetings and then for documenting and acting upon the output of those meetings.
This is a great career opportunity for someone looking to be part of a growth company and to quickly gain exposure to a broad range of technical financial advisory skills. For a self-starter, our small firm provides an exceptional chance to learn and develop at a very rapid pace. We welcome candidates who already have paraplanning experience or those with a strong analytical or data synthesis background who want to explore the financial planning arena.
Griffin Black’s environment is warm and supportive, inclusive and collaborative. We are committed to continuous learning as well as to personal and professional development. We are small enough to offer broad opportunities yet large enough to give developing staff members active mentoring and support as well as defined professional growth.
Key Paraplanner Responsibilities
- Input and maintain client information in CRM and financial planning systems
- Help maintain the integrity and consistency of financial models
- Work with clients to gather needed information
- Create financial projections
- Prepare analytic reports
- Prepare financial analyses
- Enter follow-up actions and requirements in the firm’s CRM system
- Provide year-end and tax season support
- Respond to client requests for information
- Work collaboratively on ad hoc projects with Advisory staff members and Client Support
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Experience with Excel, CRM (e.g. Tamarac) and eMoney a significant plus.
- Savvy with technology and able to quickly learn in-house programs and tools.
- Passion for finance-related work helping sophisticated clients.
- Systematic thinking, able to interpret “what the numbers are saying.”
- Attention to detail, able to keep track of large sets of related details.
- Desire to maintain data integrity, to enter data in the right spots.
- Strong team orientation.
- Good communication skills.
- Energetic and productive.
- International background or interest a plus.
- Compensation based on experience and industry norms
- Bonus program based on company success
- Positive support for learning and professional development
- 401(k) with company matching contribution
- Health insurance
- Flexible vacation policy and possibility of flexible hours
- Possibility of some telecommuting
- Access to Griffin Black investment options