Jon Hsu started his career as an engineer, first developing software for embedded systems, then studying alternative energy technologies. Over time, he discovered a passion for personal finance. Before joining Griffin Black, he assisted individuals both as a tax preparer and as a professional credit counselor, helping individuals get better control over money in their lives.
Professional Degrees & Credentials
- MS, Financial Planning, Golden Gate University
- BS, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Rice University
- BA, Computer Science and Mathematics, Rice University
- Certified Financial Planner® (CFP®) Professional
- Certified Investment Management Analyst® (CIMA®) certification
I grew up in Denver, Colorado and I’m a big fan of Colorado sports teams. I also enjoy several unconventional hobbies — like Ultimate Frisbee, astronomy, and strategy board games.
I am also committed to community service. On average, I have spent over 100 hours per year doing volunteer work in personal finance, education, wildlife care, and supporting the environment.