The position of Financial Planner Intern is designed to give an aspiring financial advisor a real-world experience of the job of a Financial Planner at Griffin Black. Interns will serve from 3 – 6 months, typically on a part-time basis, with the possibility of eventually being converted to a full-time position. Specific schedules will be established to fit the Intern’s individual circumstances and needs, especially if he/she is still enrolled in an educational program. To the extent permitting, the Intern will be integrated into Griffin Black’s ongoing client processes. In addition, Interns may be asked to undertake specific projects related to their role.
At the end of the Intern service period, we will ascertain whether or not there is a mutual interest in bringing the Intern on as a full-time Financial Planner at Griffin Black.
MISSION & POSITION
The Financial Planner will enhance the productivity of our experienced, highly expert advisory team. His/her focus will be on direct support of our Wealth Advisors: building and maintaining client data profiles, preparing planning models, creating reports, and exploring scenarios under the guidance of a Wealth Advisor. The Financial Planner’s work will form a significant part of the preparation for client meetings and then for documenting and acting upon the output of those meetings.
This is a great career opportunity for someone looking to be part of a growth company and to quickly gain exposure to a broad range of technical financial advisory skills. For a self-starter, our small firm provides an exceptional chance to learn and develop at a very rapid pace. We welcome candidates who already have financial planning experience or those with a strong analytical or data synthesis background who want to explore the financial planning arena.
- Input and maintain client information in CRM and financial planning systems.
- Help maintain the integrity and consistency of financial models.
- Work with clients to gather needed information.
- Create financial projections.
- Prepare analytic reports.
- Prepare financial analyses.
- Enter follow-up actions and requirements in the firm’s CRM system.
- Provide year-end and tax season support.
- Respond to client requests for information.
- Work collaboratively on ad hoc projects with Advisory staff members and Client Support.
Experience and Education
- A bachelor’s degree.
- Experience with Excel, CRM (e.g. Tamarac) and eMoney a significant plus.
Skills and Knowledge
- Savvy with technology and able to quickly learn in-house programs and tools.
- Passion for finance-related work helping sophisticated clients.
- Systematic thinking, able to interpret “what the numbers are saying.”
- Attention to detail, able to keep track of large sets of related details.
- Desire to maintain data integrity, to enter data in the right spots.
- Strong team orientation.
- Good communication skills.
- Energetic and productive.
- International background or interest a plus.