Finding Your Investment Tax Information For 2022 Is Easy!

In order to complete your tax return for 2022, you’ll need several different kinds of information pertaining to your investment accounts. Here is how to find the most relevant documents for your accounts managed by Griffin Black, and an explanation of the key information they contain.

All the documents described below can be downloaded from your Griffin Black Investment Portal. After logging in, navigate to “Documents” > “Vault” > “Pershing – Tax Documents” or “Pershing – Account Statements”.

Tax Documents – 1099s

There are several different kinds of 1099-type documents: ‘regular’ 1099s, 1099-Q, 1099-R, etc. Each of them reports different information, but you should find only one 1099 for each investment account that has something to report. For example:

  • Interest income, dividend & interest income, and capital gains & losses. The Tax Information Statement (Form 1099, including 1099-B, 1099-DIV, 1099-INT, 1099-OID) from Shareholders Service Group details capital gains & losses, interest & dividends for each of your taxable accounts.
  • Interest paid on margin accounts. You’ll also find this information in the Tax Information Statement (Form 1099) from Shareholders Service Group for each applicable taxable account.
  • Distributions from retirement plans. If a distribution was made from a retirement account, you will receive a Retirement Account Tax Statement (Form 1099-R) from Shareholders Service Group for that account.
  • Rollover from one retirement plan to another. If a rollover was made from a retirement account, you will receive a Form 1099-R with a code G in Box 7
  • Distribution from an education savings account or 529 plan. If a distribution was made from an education savings account, you will receive an Education Account Tax Information Statement (Form 1099-Q) from Shareholders Service Group for that account.

Account Statements

  • IRA contributions and Roth IRA contributions. Your contributions to an IRA or Roth IRA, if made in the same tax year, can best be found on your December Account Statement from Shareholders Service Group. Look under the “Retirement Account Transactions” section. Contributions made in the following year can be found in the last monthly statement of that year.

What can we help you find?

Griffin Black Portal

  • Investment Reporting
  • Meeting Notes
  • Account Statements
  • Single Signon to eMoney
  • Billing Statements
  • Document Sharing
  • Tax Statements (1099s, etc)

emX / eMoney

  • Financial Planning Tool
  • Account Aggregator
  • Budgeting & Spending


  • e-Delivery – Going Paperless
  • Tax Documents (1099, 1099R, etc.)
  • Account Statements
  • Pershing Communications